Chicago has long been known as the Windy City, and with good reason: it’s one of the best cities in the country to visit in any season. When it comes to hotels and resorts, there are plenty of great options to choose from, but here are some of the city’s top secret accommodations that you won’t want to miss out on. Let’s go!
Top luxury hotels in Chicago
If you’re looking for a luxurious and comfortable stay in Chicago, look no further than the city’s top hotels. From the 5-star amenities and upscale ambience at The Peninsula to the modern elegance of Trump International Hotel & Tower, there’s a perfect hotel for every traveler. And with vouchers and discounts available at many of these properties, you can enjoy a high-end experience without breaking the bank.
And if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly stay, don’t fret. You can still enjoy luxury without spending a fortune. For example, stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Lincoln Park, which offers spacious rooms with pillowtop mattresses for comfortable sleeping, as well as a seasonal outdoor pool. Families will love that Kids Eat Free vouchers are available during certain times of the year! And because you’ll want to spend your days exploring all that Chicago has to offer, hotels like The Blackstone Renaissance Hotel Downtown provide free shuttle service in certain areas. Stay warm out there!
Boutique hotels in Chicago
Looking for a unique hotel experience in Chicago? Check out one of the city’s boutique hotels. From luxury accommodations to trendy rooftop bars, these hotels offer an unforgettable ambience. Plus, many boutique hotels offer discounts for AAA members, so be sure to ask about that when you’re booking.
Another fantastic option for those in search of a memorable hotel experience are luxury hotels. Luxury hotels typically offer more services and amenities than other types of accommodations, so they’re perfect for visitors looking to feel pampered. Some luxury hotels even include butler service, so you can have someone fetch you a fresh drink or bring your luggage up to your room.
If you’re visiting downtown Chicago, there are plenty of options for trendy boutique hotels, such as Hotel Lincoln Park or Hotel Violet in Wicker Park. Or if you’d rather be close to O’Hare Airport on your next trip, try boutique hotel Crane Alley Inn & Suites by Marriott Aurora/Airport . For an unforgettable stay with chic style, look no further than one of these exceptional boutique accommodations around town.
4-star hotels in Chicago
- Swissotel Chicago – A luxury hotel with an ideal location in the heart of downtown, just steps from Navy Pier.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago – A 4-star hotel located in the Magnificent Mile district, offering stunning views of Lake Michigan.
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago – Another 5-star hotel, located in the city’s River North neighborhood. This hotel is known for its spacious rooms and suites, as well as its excellent service.
- The Palmer House Hilton – A historic hotel that first opened its doors in 1871. Located in the Loop district, this 4-star hotel is a popular choice for business travelers and tourists alike.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower – A luxury hotel on Lake Michigan, with stunning views of downtown Chicago.
- Magnificent Mile Suites – An affordable, budget friendly option in downtown Chicago. Located just a block from Michigan Avenue, it offers spacious one-bedroom suites for those looking to explore all that city has to offer.
Affordable hotels in Chicago
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a hotel room in Chicago. First, the city is huge and spans several different neighborhoods. That means that there are a lot of options when it comes to finding a place to stay. Second, because of the city’s size, prices can vary greatly from one area to another. So, it’s important to do your research and figure out which neighborhood is right for you and your budget.
Once you’ve decided on a neighborhood, it’s time to search for hotels.
Hotel and Motel Reviews – In general, here are some of things that you want to consider when choosing a hotel or motel in Chicago.
- Location. If at all possible, choose a hotel or motel with easy access to public transportation, particularly buses and trains, since these are likely your cheapest ways to get around town. For example, don’t stay near O’Hare Airport if you’re looking for an affordable place since it will be much more expensive than staying near downtown.
- Amenities. While it might be tempting to stay at a hotel with an indoor pool or fitness center, these will typically cost more, which can quickly drive up your total costs if you’re staying for several days. If you’re looking for budget-friendly accommodations in Chicago, you may want to choose a place that doesn’t offer as many amenities.
- Staff. When choosing a hotel or motel in Chicago, check out reviews to see what others have said about staff. If you’re new to town, it can be especially helpful to stay at a place with friendly staff who are familiar with local hot spots, so that they can help make your visit easier.
Where to find the best hotel deals in Chicago
Looking for a hotel deal in Chicago? You’re in luck! The Windy City is home to some of the best hotels and resorts in the country, and there are plenty of ways to save on your stay. Here are a few tips on how you can score the best deals in town:
One of the easiest ways to find good rates is by using an online travel site like Expedia or Orbitz. These sites will search through all available listings, so you don’t have to waste time calling every individual hotel–and they offer perks like free cancellation policies and discounts for booking early.
Another great way to find a great deal is by staying off-season. Sure, it may be cold during winter (or summer) but if you book your trip during that time, you’ll get better rates because people don’t want to travel when it’s freezing outside!
Last but not least, you should consider using hotel points. If you’re a member of an airline or credit card loyalty program that offers travel perks, check if they have a partnership with hotels. For example, I have Starwood Preferred Guest Status in my Marriott Rewards Credit Card so I can use my points to stay at any participating Marriott Hotel or Resort! It doesn’t cost me anything extra since my points are already worth money.